Pages

Apr 14, 2011

Self portraits

... are a cheap and easy way to find a model for painting from life! You can learn so much and I'd be doing one a day if it wasn't so darn repetitive. I should really try some different expressions, even though it's hard holding them for a long time.

The first two were done in January and the third and probably most accurate one in March, all ranging between 1 and 2 hours to create. In the first one you can see the cheap IKEA mirror I'm keeping on my desk mainly for this purpose :)


And to stay with the topic of self portraits - here's the pencil sketch for my new deviantArt ID. Pokémon and no grumpy face <3

1 comment:

  1. I really like your self-portraits. It's been quite a while since I've done one myself. Your post is the best reminder to get to it.

    ReplyDelete